Monday, February 8, 2010

HW 39 - First School Assignment

Part A

Questions

1. Will School ever change so it's more like college and you can choose what you want to study?
2. As school become equally or more social as it is educational?
3. Is there a deeper point to why school exists besides education?

Ideas
1. School has become one of, if not the place where social circles are created.
2. School has been evolving ever since it was created, so it will most likely be different than it is currently.
3. School either provides as an inspiration for kids to succeed or for people to feel forced to drop out.

Experiences

1. Obviously, school has taught me to do work at a consistent rate, regardless if I enjoy it or not.
2. School has been the building ground of my friendships of the past and the present.
3. School has made me grow educationally and made me become more serious about my future as I am today.


Part B

When I first came to SOF, I only knew like 4 people who came over with me from my middle school. I haven't had the feeling i had on the first day in high school in a long time. When i got to middle school, all my friends from elementary school went with me, so it was an easier experience. But when high school came, I was practically alone. Thinking back on it now, that was a time in my life where I was able to re-invent myself. I knew I would eventually have brand new friends, hangout spots, etc. Now, I am sad to say that i don't even remember my friends of elementary and middle school. i guess when it comes to school, it's just one stage of your life after another, just passing you by.
Although people look at school as nothing more but just boring work, this experience makes me realize that school provided me with something even bigger than that. it had me change my surrondings, my friends, the school, the neighborhood, etc. There is a point in everyones life where their life changes dramatically. This specifically happened to me when i entered high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment