Thursday, October 8, 2009

HW 11- Self Experiment

For this Homework, i decided to try and not do anything digital after school. So on my way home, I didn't listen to music, which kind of felt weird since I always listen to music when I have nobody to talk to. When I got home, instead of watching TV or going on the internet, I went to the store for my mom. Now although I wasn't being rushed, I felt like I was because usually the only time that I don't watch TV or go on the internet when I get home is when I have something else to do.
Then, as I was getting ready to go workout at my gym, I just couldn't leave without my IPOD. So in other words, I failed at my mission of decreasing digital technology in my routine.
I think the reason why it was weird doing this is because I grew up in the generation in which saw digital technology grow at a fast rate. This is the society that I grew up in, so for me to just change it out of the blue, that's a challenging task. However, this experiment was interesting and helped me realize how much of an impact digital technology really does have on my life. It reminded me that this is what the world is now, and I probably cannot do anything to change myself and pull myself away from the world I spent my entire life in.

No comments:

Post a Comment