Monday, May 3, 2010

HW 52 - Initial Theories of Human Relationships

Asking yourself "What is the right way to Live?" is just another one of those questions where although there is no exact answer, its interesting to spend periods of time thinking about. I've always believed, based on how I grew up in a religious aspect, that all questions would be answered only when you die. But until then, all you could do is wonder. However, something that is great about life is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether others want to accept your ideas as a possibility or not. As long as you have a brain, you could think in any way you choose.

Thinking specifically about human relationships, i've grown up and found myself acting differently towards different people in my life. I don't consider this as myself being a fake person, I think just like the question, the way you act can't be traced back to one simple explanation, but instead it is just the way it is because......it is. We were all born with many, different emotions, so in a way, these emotions are all used, but not directly to all the same people. You have family, good friends, regular friends, classmates, a girl/boy friend, the list goes on and on. It's one of those things where I guess it just depends on the person you are reacting to in which you would act. For example, I usually goof off with my friends while I may tone myself down around family. Specifically focusing on family, type way I act with them is what i consider my first "give off" of emotion because my family were the people around me before any outsiders who are currently apart of my life today. In general, the majority of people are interested in change, so thinking back to when I got into school and it's environment, my human instincts simply saw this as a golden opportunity to give off new emotions and create new human relationships that differ from the ones I lived off of with my family for the beginning of my life.

This also happens when you meet that special person in a romantic level. It's one thing to notice the difference of relationships between family and friends, but the feelings you get when you have interest in one particular person is just so crazy it could sometimes be indescribable. Rather than think about what your brain is feeling, think about what happens to your body when you become affiliated with those kind of moods. You may have little butterflies in your stomach, feel light headed (in a good way), etc. When you think about this, you're not forcing yourself to feel these feelings...you just do. Because of this, whatever point of view you have about Life, whether it be Science alone or a God, this could've been a creation that was added along with the universe, who says they can truly know?

It's great to be able to think about and create possible explanations in your head, but why think hard all the time? There are times in general when people have problems thinking too hard about a given subject. Just like Life itself, its fun to think about for a set amount of time from time to time, but in the end, you just sit back and accept the existence of everything. Like I said earlier, i personally believe that you will find out the answers to all of those big, universal questions only when you die. People may ask "How do you know that?", and to tell the truth, i DON'T. But just like human relationships, people have a right to think about why and how life was created, because someway, somehow...that ability was included in the package the second we were all born into this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment